F.Moukhametshin: “Thanks to the potential Tatarstan will come out of crisis with the least losses"
26 January 2009, Monday
Tatarstan State Council Chairman, secretary of the political council of the United Russia party’s regional branch Farid Moukhametshin met with activists and population of Bugulminsky District.
Deputies of the current parliament and parliamentary candidates to the fourth convocation of the State Council and the head of Bugulminsky Municipal District Nail Magdeyev attended the event.
Farid Moukhametshin described the public-political situation in the country and the republic. He informed the district residents about the main issues of preparation for March,1 election.
The parliament speaker summed up results of 2008 at the beginning of his speech. “In whole, despite the influence of the world financial crisis, main social-economic tasks were accomplished successfully,” he said. “We managed to execute budget. GRP of the Republic of Tatarstan totaled 930 bln rubles last year. A record-breaking harvest was gathered – 6.2 million tons of grain.” Farid Moukhametshin pointed out success of petrochemical, construction and agro-industrial complexes. “Bugulmisky district makes considerable contribution to the development of the republic,” he added.
Despite the difficulties caused by the crisis, such programs as housing and roads construction will remain priority fields, the State Council Chairman informed.
Summing up results of the past year, the parliament speaker indicated tasks facing Tatarstan in 2009. “The current year will not be easy – we will have to economise,” he said. “We will have to hold up construction of large projects. But expenditures on education, healthcare, culture will not be cut.”
According to Farid Moukhaetshin, the republican authorities make all necessary measures to decrease the crisis consequences. “Thanks to high potential of Tatarstan, the republic will be able to come out of the crisis with the least losses,” he believes.
On May 14, the Kazan Expo International Exhibition Centre hosted a solemn reception marking the opening of the Year “Kazan – Cultural Capital of the Islamic World” and the holding of the XVII International Economic Forum “Russia-the Islamic World: KazanForum”.
Deputy Prime Minister of the Russian Federation Marat Khusnullin, Russian Minister of Culture Olga Lyubimova, Director General of the Islamic World, Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (ICESCO) Salim bin Mohammed AlMalik and other officials were among the honored guests of the evening.
On 26 April, during festive events dedicated to the Native Language Day and the 140th birthday of the great Tatar poet Gabdulla Tukay, the Rais (Head) of Tatarstan Rustam Minnikhanov and the State Counselor of the republic Mintimer Shaimiev laid flowers to the monument of the great Tatar poet.
On 17 March, speaking at a meeting of the State Council of the republic, where its Chairman Farid Mukhametshin declared his early termination of powers, Tatarstan State Counselor Mintimer Shaymiev said: “Mutual respect and deep understanding help to preserve high trust of our people.”
On 13 March the Rais (Head) of Tatarstan Rustam Minnikhanov and the State Counselor of the republic Mintimer Shaimiev accompanied by the regional Mufti Kamil Samigullin took part in the XIV Iftar of the republic organized by the Spiritual Board of Muslims of Tatarstan, the administration of the Ak Bars Arena stadium and the national tourist complex Tugan Avylym (My Native Village) at the Kazan Expo Exhibition Center.
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEWS
All content on this site is licensed under
Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International
If you see a mistake,
please select the word or sentence and press CTRL+ENTER