Kamaz official: Kamaz will live through crisis in any case
22 January 2009, Thursday
Before the Kamaz auto maker resumed operation, the company’s deputy general director Yuri Klochkov summarized the results of the last year’s performance and spoke of the plans for 2009, reports the press service.
He noted that despite the global financial crisis, Kamaz had reached a production rate close to the 2007 one. 51,005 new trucks and 53,791 vehicle sets have been manufactured. With the production rate, achieved by September, Kamaz could make another 10 thousand autos or more. Sales on all the markets have sharply decreased, however, and there was no sense to work for stock.
In 2008, the company solved two big tasks related to a massive transformation in many of the production chain’s links. First, a transition to manufacturing Euro-3 environmental standard engines began. It necessitated full renovation of the entire range of serial models. Second, Kamaz completed the shift to installing Euro-3 Cummins engines on autos, supplied by the Cummins Kama joint venture. Kamaz fulfilled a yearly plan with the engines, making 12 thousand vehicles.
The deputy general director said in the conclusion: "We will live through the crisis anyway. We will do everything for the Kamaz working teams to live to it without losses. We are now building our future, post-crisis success.
On May 14, the Kazan Expo International Exhibition Centre hosted a solemn reception marking the opening of the Year “Kazan – Cultural Capital of the Islamic World” and the holding of the XVII International Economic Forum “Russia-the Islamic World: KazanForum”.
Deputy Prime Minister of the Russian Federation Marat Khusnullin, Russian Minister of Culture Olga Lyubimova, Director General of the Islamic World, Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (ICESCO) Salim bin Mohammed AlMalik and other officials were among the honored guests of the evening.
On 26 April, during festive events dedicated to the Native Language Day and the 140th birthday of the great Tatar poet Gabdulla Tukay, the Rais (Head) of Tatarstan Rustam Minnikhanov and the State Counselor of the republic Mintimer Shaimiev laid flowers to the monument of the great Tatar poet.
On 17 March, speaking at a meeting of the State Council of the republic, where its Chairman Farid Mukhametshin declared his early termination of powers, Tatarstan State Counselor Mintimer Shaymiev said: “Mutual respect and deep understanding help to preserve high trust of our people.”
On 13 March the Rais (Head) of Tatarstan Rustam Minnikhanov and the State Counselor of the republic Mintimer Shaimiev accompanied by the regional Mufti Kamil Samigullin took part in the XIV Iftar of the republic organized by the Spiritual Board of Muslims of Tatarstan, the administration of the Ak Bars Arena stadium and the national tourist complex Tugan Avylym (My Native Village) at the Kazan Expo Exhibition Center.
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEWS
All content on this site is licensed under
Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International
If you see a mistake,
please select the word or sentence and press CTRL+ENTER